Queens College, City University of New York, 2020 –
- LBSCI709 Research in Library and Information Studies (Fall 2021)
- LBSCI732 Archives, Manuscripts, and the Shapes of Material History (Introduction to Archival Studies) (Fall 2020)
- LBSCI736 Records Management (Spring 2021)
- LBSCI752 Digital Preservation (Fall 2020)
- LBSCI793 Memory Work: Intercultural Perspectives on Collecting and Preserving (Fall 2021)
Sorbonne University, Abu Dhabi, 2021 –
- Information Technology and Archives (Fall 2021)
- Digital Tools and Environment in the Era of Artificial Intelligence (Spring 2021)
University of Liverpool, 2015-2019
- HIST519 Comparative Study (2017-2019)
- HIST561 International Record-Keeping (2017, 2018)
- HIST566 Digital Records: Their Nature, Use and Preservation in the Information Society (2016-2019)
- HIST575 Record-Keeping Systems and the Organisational Context (2016, 2017)
- HIST577 Record-Keeping Theory and Practice (2018, 2019)
- RIMB001 Introduction to Records and Information Management (2015-2018)
- RIMB002 Principles and Tools for Managing Records (2015-2018)
- RIMB014 Compliance and the Regulatory Environment (2015-2018)
- RIMB015 Principles and Practice of Appraisal (2015-2018)
- RIMB016 Design and Management of Record-keeping Systems (2015-2018)
- RIMB017 Work-Based Student-Designed Project (2015-2018)
- RIMB019 Archives and Permanent Preservation (2015-2018)
Education and Training Material Development
- Digital Records Curation Programme, 12 week course for the International Council on Archives’ Africa Programme, 2019. This material won the Dutch Digital Heritage Network Award for Teaching and Communications in the 2020 Digital Preservation Awards, and the 2020 Innovation Award from the National Digital Stewardship Alliance.
- Records management, eight modules for FOI study programme, Carter Center for the Liberian public sector, 2019
- Personal Record-Keeping, four part workshop developed with University of Liverpool students for the Refugee Rights in Records Initiative, 2018-2019
- The Ibadan/Liverpool Digital Curation Curriculum Review Project (2016/17) was a finalist in the 2018 Digital Preservation Awards in the category of Award for Teaching and Communications.
Relevant Editorial Work
- Sutherland, T. & Lowry, J. (eds.), Education for Information – Interdisciplinary Journal of Information Studies special issue, Selected Papers from the 2019 Archival Education and Research Institute, Vol. 37:1, 2021
Workshops, Short Courses and Summer Schools
- Editorial Work, workshop for the Archival Education and Research Institute, 12 – 16 July 2021, virtual.
- Autoethnographic Pedagogy: Student Expertise and Learning in Community, workshop for Transformative Learning in the Humanities, City University of New York, with Nerve Macaspac and Cynthia Tobar, 17 March 2021.
- Digital Records Preservation workshop, with Juliet Erima, 3rd annual conference of the Kenya Association of Records Managers and Archivists, 5 November 2019, Mombasa, Kenya.
- Surfacing Provenance in Shared Archival Heritage workshop for the Forum of National Archivists, with Njörður Sigurðsson, Adelaide, Australia, 23 October 2019.
- Digital Records Curation Programme (DRCP) Study School for Archival Educators, with Margaret Crockett, University of Botswana, Gaborone, Botswana, 5-9 August 2019.
- Preservation of Documentary Heritage for Peace workshop, with Alex Miskin and Cherry Leonardi, Juba Community Learning Centre, Whitaker Peace and Development Initiative, Juba, South Sudan, 24 July 2019.
- Digitisation Planning workshop for the South Sudan National Archives, Juba, South Sudan, 23 July 2019.
- Digital Records Management workshop, with Sonia Black, CARBICA Conference, Paramaribo, Suriname, 25 March 2019.
- Records management trainer for Carter Center workshop on the right to information for women and girls, 14-15 November 2018, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Self-Documentation and Personal Record-Keeping for Refugees and Asylum Seekers, University of Liverpool, 28 June 2018, Liverpool, UK
- Records Centre Management, African Union Commission, 19-23 December 2016, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia.
- Systems for Authenticity: Using ISO16175, with Megan Venter, Conference and School on Authority, Provenance, Authenticity, Evidence, 28 October 2016, University of Zadar, Croatia.
- Digital Records Management Functional Requirements, Kenya National Archives and Documentation Service, 19September 2016, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Digital Records Management and Preservation short course, 4–6 August 2015, University of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Digital Records Management and Preservation workshop, 23rdBiennial Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Branch of the International Council on Archives (ESARBICA) General Conference, 8–12 June 2015, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
- IRMT / ICA Digital Preservation in Low Resource Environments: A Core Curriculum, with Nancy McGovern, Archives and Cultural Industries, Second International Conference of the International Council on Archives, 11–15 October 2014, Girona, Spain.
- Convenor, Government Records Management and Citizens’ Access to Information Policy Lab, Integrity Action Summer School,Central European University, 1–6 July 2013, Budapest, Hungary.
- Abioye, A., Lowry, J. & Lynch, R., Digital Curation Education at the Universities of Ibadan and Liverpool: Benchmarking Using the DigCurV Curriculum Framework. Forthcoming.
- Lowry, J., A Report on Education and Training in the International Council on Archives’ Africa Programme,Education for Information, Vol 33(2), 2017.
Talks and Panels:
- Invited talk on anticolonial archival pedagogy for Decolonising Archives session of Botany, Trade and Empire: Exploring Kew’s Miscellaneous Reports Collection, conference hosted by Black Cultural Archives and Royal Botanic Gardens, UK, 4 March 2021, virtual.
- Approaches to Archival Education, inc. Griffin, S., Francis, C., Scriwanek, M., Belfon, A., Tjien Fooh, R., Egger, J.,CARBICA conference, 22-28 March 2019, Paramaribo, Suriname.
- Lowry, J., Digital Curation in Low Resource Environments, 4 July 2017, invited lecture at University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Constitution de Groupes de réflexion autour de la stratégie Africaine de l’ICA (formation et recherche), with Jamaa Baïda, Formation, Recherche, Appui au Développement: Les Sciences et Métiers de l’Information Documentaire Face au Défide l’Émergence de l’Afrique, 3–4 December 2015, L’Ecole Superieure des Sciences de l’Information et de la Communication (ESSTIC), Yaounde, Cameroon.